In December last year a study was held among the Dutch & Flemish community in Ireland to ascertain the level of interest in Dutch education for children of primary school age.
The survey showed a high level of interest among Dutch and Flemish parents who are based here.
We swiftly established a competent team of hard working volunteers, with various skill sets and qualifications; six of which come from a teaching/childcare background.
This team has put in many hours to set up a school concept. We are looking forward to sharing this concept with you at our parents information evening.
We can accomodate…
At the Madelief we welcome children who speak Dutch/Flemish at home with at least one parent.
Our aim is to:
- ensure their speaking and listening skills remain at a high level.
- improve their reading & writing skills.
- to actively involve parents and other family members in our education & to therefore provide insight into the Dutch/Flemish culture for all family members.
- ease a possible return to Dutch/Flemish full time education in the case of a move back to the country of origin.
What we offer
- 3 hours of Dutch culture & language education every Saturday morning ( our school year will consist of
- 4 cultural days a year (these are open to anyone who is interested in coming).
- qualified & experienced teachers.
- the latest learning methods (we will follow the same methods as primary schools in the Netherlands-albeit at a slightly lower pace.)
- convenient location in Ballsbridge